Last week I headed out to see Susan Fox in Eden Beauty group for an ocean miracle treatment using Casmara skincare.
When Susan and I decided to collaborate she sent me out some of the Casmara products to try. I started using them at the same time as I gave up coffee and sugar. This meant that I was detoxing so the products would really be put to the test.
I found the Casmara products gentle and lightweight which was perfect for the hot weather we have been experiencing. I used the 3 n 1 marine cleanser (€20), the hydra lifting serum (€40) and the hydra lifting firming moisturising cream.(€36)
Casmara was developed in Valencia in Spain and they develop and manufacturer all of their products in house which is very rare these day’s. They invented the worlds first peel off algae masks in the 70’s and are very innovative bringing out new products regularly.
The Ocean Miracle range is silicone, paraban and alcohol free. It has no animal or egg derivatives and has an Eco Cert, which means it’s ingredients are organic, natural and not tested on animals. The products and facial contain Sea plasma where the salt is removed from seawater and you are left with a plasma that is incredibly rich in nutrients. Sea plasma contains 72 of the 91 elements on the table. It also contain Wakame kelp which is the main ingredient in miso soup and scientist who studied the longevity and ageing of the Japanese people believe the reason the live to such advanced age and have such beautiful skin is their high intake of wakame.
When I arrived at the salon the entrance was just off The Main Street in Wicklow but as soon as you walked sown the entrance lane you felt a sense of peace. The salon has eight treatment rooms offering everything from facials to LED Light Therapy Mask. At Eden beauty group they will always tailor their treatments to the needs of the client.
I have been suffering breakouts recently as my body and mind has been going through changes. I had quite a few blocked pores and I was delighted when Susan suggested extraction. There are only a few exceptional beauticians that can do extractions well and Susan is one of them.
Before starting the Casmara Ocean Miracle treatment Susan did a deep cleanse and then straight into the extraction! There was minimal pain and I felt quite excited at the prospect of my blocked pores being freed!! After the pain was sheer pleasure and their was a foaming mask, wakame kelp and green tea to ensure a sensory delight.
STEPS OF CASMARA OCEAN MIRACLE TREATMENT
- Cleansed with Green Tea Cleanser. This is a fabulous product as it contains green tea and silk proteins so it hydrates while cleansing. It is 3 products in 1. A cleanser when used on wet skin and then an exfoliator when used on dry skin with a cloth or brush. It also is an eye make up remover and you do not need a toner!
- Extraction. (Needs no description lol)
- Applied Oxygenating foaming mask. This felt amazing as it foamed on y skin. It is a fabulous treatment for stimulating cell activity and infuses the cells with pure oxygen with stimulates cell activity and makes them more responsive and better able to absorb the products applied after it.
- Susan applied an enzymatic peel; this is a peel that does not scrub or overwork the skin but rather gently melts off dead skin cells. It contains fucogel which is extremely hydrating, it contains olive oil and stops you getting that tight dry feeling you sometimes get after a peel or scrub.
- After stripping and peeling the skin you need to feed it so Susan massaged in an ampoule with Sea plasma and Threalose, which is a seaweed that holds it’s moisture for hours when the tide goes out and it is exposed on the rocks. It keeps moisture locked into your skin.
- A serum was applied that has Juvenessence in it. This slows down the cells in your body changing laminine (which is a protein) to Progerin, which is what causes cells to age. This means that this facial actually works at cell level to slow down the ageing process.
- A cream with more Wakame was applied. Wakame has been proven in clinical studies to activate 14 genes stimulating collagen, Elastin and HA (firming) in the skin.
- Last but not least was the mask. It is made up of pure Wakame Kelp it lowers your body temperature by 6-8 degrees and dries from the outside in pushing products deeper into the skin. It also helps reduces any inflammation and sooth the skin. I loved this part and as you can see it also covered my eyes and I felt a deep feeling of rest at this stage of the treatment.
- At the end a moisturizer was applied, which had a combination of all the key ingredients in the facial. My skin felt fresh and not a sign of the extraction anywhere.
Over the next few days I felt my skin brighten. I had a few breakouts, which I expected as my chin in particular had been very badly clogged and needed a deep cleanse. I headed to a movie premiere with James on Sunday and as you can see from the photo below my skin looked fresh and everyone was asking had I had Botox??? The answer is no I have never had any treatment like that.
This facial is super effective, clean, environmentally friendly and uses the latest advances in science to deliver totally natural ingredients deeply into the skin. It is also safe for even the most sensitive skin.