As we head into the party season here are my top 5 natural beauty products I’m a big believer in reducing the amount of chemicals we use topically each day. It’s an issue of load, as let’s face it, as women we use a large variety of product every day! So think about switching some of your products for a more natural alternative.
- Top of my list is this body scrub from Urban Veda This range is naturally formulated to Ayurvedic principles to really embrace the therapeutic properties of plants. It’s a sensory sensation in the shower. It’s a gentle body scrub made from crushed walnut and organic pumice. The glow it leaves is because of the citrusy vitamin rich addition of orange and lemon. It contains vitamin E, geranium and palmarosa to help hydrate making it a one stop shop and an essential winter beauty item. Scrubbing helps with our circulation and helps to get rid of dead skin cells too. This fab set is €43.99 BUY HERE
- Next up is this moisturizing night balm from Irish company Anu This ANU Night Balm is deeply nourishing which can be exactly what our skin needs coming into the winter months. With the tug of war between central heating and braving the elements outdoors some extra TLC and a change in skincare can be necessary. This balm not only contains moisturizing oils and butters but, carrageen Irish moss seaweed, lavender and beeswax too. After cleansing, apply to face, neck and décolletage before a great night’s sleep. It can also be used as a general multi balm on eyebrows, lips and other areas of dry skin (some people also use it as a cleanser) and it has been known to clear up spots, blemishes and even mild eczema. €20 BUY HERE
- This lippy from Couleur Caramel is perfect for the upcoming festive season. A naturally nourishing lipstick rich in plant based active ingredients. They come in many different shades. Check them out HERE €19.00
- Soak in a luxurious bath after a long hard day with this beautiful wild oats bath soak. Karen Cottier from Wild Oats Soap has made this wild oats bath soak with lavender and milk and not only is it great for soothing stress but it’s also great for kids or adults with eczema or chicken pox too. €11.95 BUY HERE
- It just wouldn’t be right to move into winter without mentioning my must have beauty item. The Weleda skin food is a lifesaver for dry, rough skin and a great travel partner too. It’s made with organic extracts of chamomile, calendula and wild pansy to soothe dry or rough skin and revitalizing rosemary extract to perk up tired skin. It also smells delicious because of the refreshing essential oils of sweet orange and lavender. This ladies is a must have for the handbag!! BUY HERE €11.95